Friday, August 20, 2010

Adios Appendix

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all of you who were praying for me during my surgery and for the outcome of the results.

For those of you new to this, I had a colonoscopy done a while back and the doctors found a mass that was growing out of my appendix. Lucky for me that appendixes... appendi... appendixys... the plural for appendix, are overrated and no longer neccessary for daily function. So, thoe doctors decided to take it out.

Unfortunately, they wanted to take it out the day before our youth group was to leave on a two week mission trip to Mexico. Fortunately they said I could postpone the surgery until after I got back, crossing my fingers that it didn't explode on some random dirt road in the middle of nowhere. In case, you were wondering, it didn't. I made it home safe and sound and then found out that two days after my return, I was scheduled to have it taken out. I spent two weeks at home recovering from the surgery. I don't think I got out of the bed for the first three. Quite an ordeal. Getting stabbed three time in the belly sure takes a toll.

Two weeks after the surgery, I went in for a follow-up and was told that everything looks like it's healing fine and that the results that came back from my appendix were negative for anything bad. Oh Happy Day!!

So, now with a clean bill of health and my stomach almost back to normal (minus my belly button looking a bit deforemed), I am ready to get back to reality. We have a house to move in to, a house to repair, a baby to prepare for, and I have a wife to look after. Oh yeah, and there's work and school too.

Prayer for the remainder of my recovery to speed up so that I can get back to taking care of my love and my duties would be much appreciated.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment