Monday, May 24, 2010

Preggo - Week Six

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have reached week six in our pregnancy. Of course, all of this could change after we've been to the doctor and find out we're either further along or not as far a long.

But for right now, using Liz's calculations, we are in the sixth week.

side note: I find it funny that as I type about the pregnancy, I am quick to say things like "we this", or "we're that". So, I am going to go on record, right now, and give all credit to my lovely wife. She is stronger than I'll ever be and I am so thankful that she is the one carrying our child. She truly has the hardest part of this pregnancy. I love you babe.

Anyways, back to the announcement. According to http://www.babycenter.com/, our baby is the size of a lentil bean. If you're like me, you might be asking, "A what?!"

Here is a picture:

The little thing next to the quarter is the lentil bean. So, our baby is basically the size of George Washington's brain, if he was only as big as his depiction found on the quarter.

Prayer Request: Please continue to pray for the safe development of our child. We know that it is in the womb where were are fearfully and wonderfully created by our Lord. Please also join in praising our Father for being so awesome.

Also, the nausea is getting pretty bad. It's becoming more of an all day sickness, rather than just the morning. She is also really tired. In What to Expect When You're Expecting, Liz found this, "In some ways, your pregnant body is working harder when you're resting that a non-pregnant body is when running a marathon - only, you're not aware of the exertion."

Prayer in these areas would also be very much appreciated.

Jesse

2 comments:

  1. I read one time that pregnancy is harder on your body than climbing Mt. Everest. Crazy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy stuff. Big props to all you mothers out there!!

    ReplyDelete