Monday, May 31, 2010

Date Night - One Part Testosterone / One Part Estrogen

Last night was Date Night. Well, it turned into a date night. Really, we just needed to get out of the house for a little while, but it didn't take long after we were out, that we decided this was a great opportunity to do some fun things and enjoy the company that is just us.

First stop: Testosterone

We headed over to Bull's Eye, in Tacoma to do some good ol fashioned shootin'. It really wasn't very expensive and you get to choose from all sorts of weapons and ammo. you even get your choice of targets. You can do the standard circle targets all the way up to pictures of terrorists holding children as human shields. We used the standard silhouette targets.




Bonus Picture: One of Liz's casings landed in the tray of ammo. Not only can she effectively place her rounds down range, she can also chose where the casings go!!

Second Stop: Estrogen

We left the range and headed to the movie theater to watch Sex and the City 2. I know what you might be thinking. How could I go from something so manly to something so unmanly? I think a lot has to do with shooting guns. I was so juiced up after firing some rounds that I could have worn a tutu and danced around the mall and still felt manly.

side note: Ladies, if you want your man to do something girly with you, take them to do something manly with them. Even join in with them. More often than not, they'll be putty in your hands.

There were a few reasons why I enjoyed myself at this movie. We arrived at the movie about 20 minutes early. Liz was so excited to see this that she didn't want to run the risk of not getting a good seat. Fortunately for us, we had our choice of any seat in the house. Minus the five seats at the top of the theater that were filled with middle aged to well aged men. Seriously. If Liz and I were early, when did these guys show up?

Now, I've never seen an episode of SATC, nor seen the first movie. All I know is that the Sara Jessica Parker character was supposed to marry a guy named Mr. Big, and for some reason they didn't get married. That's it. So I am a veritable blank slate when it comes to this movie.

The dialogue was super cheesy. Lots of one liners that had all the girls giggling and left me confused. However, I was entertained. BUT, I did not enjoy this movie because of the imagery or the filmography or the wit. I enjoyed this movie because every time I looked over at my wife, she was smiling. It was a smile of pure joy. At that point, I didn't care that I didn't understand what was going on. I didn't care that this was a silly girl movie. All I cared about was Liz and her enjoyment of the movie.

This might be the worst movie review ever (not that I write particularly good ones) but I don't care. Liz loved it. So, I loved it.

Now, I must confess that we didn't see the whole movie. Nausea kicked in and Liz wasn't feeling like she could contain it (see preggo tip). It might have also been the lady in front of us wolfing down whatever she could find at the concession stand. Hotdogs, nachos, licorice, small children, everything.

We high tailed it out of there, but not before the wonderful ladies working the front counter gave us two free passes to come back and see the whole thing. That's right. I'm willingly going to come back and see this thing through. Then I might have more of a review. But mostly because I know Liz wants to go see it with me.

BONUS side note: Men, take your ladies to the things that they enjoy and will make you feel awkward. They'll love you for it and you'll realize that it's really not that bad.

In my opinion, this was a pretty epic date night. There was drama, laughs, gun play, flirting, romance, and almost a little vomit.

I love my life.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment